llse’s practice is primarily litigation focused. She has been a Partner at TMF since 2017 and regularly appears in State and Federal court on matters ranging from commercial disputes to family matters. Ilse regularly represents clients in family matters including:
- High-conflict divorces involving the valuation of, and strategic planning for, marital businesses, fraud/economic misconduct
- complex property issues, including tracing of non-marital property
- Custody disputes involving substance abuse and other mental health issues
- emergency proceedings for protective orders;
- Disputes involving parentage under the Maine Parentage Act
- guardianship and adoption proceedings
Ilse also supports the TMF business group’s litigation needs. She represents clients throughout New England in commercial, construction, contract, and employment matters, as well as shareholder disputes.
Ilse is a 2006 magna cum laude graduate of the University of Maine School of Law, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Maine Law Review, and interned with the Portland District Court as a Bernstein Fellow. She served as a law clerk for the Hon. Donald G. Alexander of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. Ilse is a 2000 magna cum laude graduate of Connecticut College where she received degrees in Government and French and was a member or the nationally-ranked sailing team.
Ilse lives in Portland, ME with her family and enjoys running, mountain-biking and hiking. She has served on a variety of non-profit boards and currently is the President of the local Chapter of the New England Mountain Bike Association. Ilse is originally from Annapolis, Maryland, where her grandfather and great-grandfather were wooden boat builders.